Three months before your 17th birthday, you can apply for your provisional licence. It’s okay to start practising on private land, as long as the site is gated and far away from public highways. But remember, supermarket car parks are classed as public roads, so don’t use these.
The Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) application form (Form D1) can be obtained from your local Post Office but you can also apply online from Direct Gov You can apply for your first British provisional driving licence online if you:
- Are a resident of Great Britain
- Can meet the minimum age requirement
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- Are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
- Can pay by Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card
- Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
- Can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
Congratulations, great driving test pass Arron
Think Oakworth SoM for first class customer focused driving tuition and gain safe driving for life. Oakworth school of motoring is an independent driving school established in 2008, located in Oakworth, Keighley, West Yorkshire delivering driving tuition in the following areas Keighley, Haworth, Skipton, Bingley and all surrounding areas. Oakworth delivers quality driving tuition at fantastic prices with the focus been upon quality. Our key word is commitment from our instructors and students, with the combination of commitment and our bespoke lessons utilising DVSA approved literature we are able to produce high pass rates for our students.
New laws for learner drivers on motorways from 4 June 2018
Learner drivers can take motorway lessons with an ADI (approved driving instructor from 2018)
Learner drivers will need to be:
- Accompanied by a Oakworth School of Motoring ADI (approved driving instructor)
- Driving the Oakworth SoM car fitted with dual controls for your safety.
- Please note: Any motorways lessons will be voluntary and will not be part of your practical test. It will be up to the Oakworth School of Motoring driving instructor to decide when the learner driver is competent enough for them.