Oakworth School of Motoring
But remember, supermarket car parks are classed as public roads, so don’t use these.
Before driving on a public road, you will need a valid Provisional Driving Licence.
The Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) application form (Form D1) can be obtained from your local Post Office but you can also apply online from Direct Gov You can apply for your first British provisional driving licence online if you:
- Are a resident of Great Britain
- Can meet the minimum age requirement
- Can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- Are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
- Can pay by Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Electron, Delta or Solo debit or credit card
- Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
- Can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
PayPal is the most convenient payment method offering the extra benefits of PayPal protection
Our pass rates are so consistently high, that we are able to offer the Oakworth Pass Promise. We promise that you will pass the DVSA practical test first time with Oakworth School of motoring, in the unlikely event that you don’t pass first time, you will receive FREE use of the tuition car on your next DVSA practical test. (Terms and conditions apply)
Get in touch
Oakworth School of Motoring
Your privacy is 100% SAFE. We never share your details with any third-party
Think Oakworth SoM for first class customer focused driving tuition and gain safe driving for life. Oakworth school of motoring is an independent driving school established in 2008, located in Oakworth, Keighley, West Yorkshire delivering driving tuition in the following areas Keighley, Haworth, Skipton, Bingley and all surrounding areas. Oakworth delivers quality driving tuition at fantastic prices with the focus been upon quality. Our key word is commitment from our instructors and students, with the combination of commitment and our bespoke lessons utilising DVSA approved literature we are able to produce high pass rates for our students.
New laws for learner drivers on motorways from 4 June 2018
Motorway lessons are available upon request to Oakworth School of Motoring students where the learner is accompanied by an DVSA approved ADI driving instructor in a dual-controlled car. More and varied practice helps drivers to be safer on the roads and encouraging more people to learn how to use motorways properly will benefit all drivers
Learner drivers can take motorway lessons with an ADI (approved driving instructor from 2018)
Learner drivers will need to be:
- Accompanied by a Oakworth School of Motoring ADI (approved driving instructor)
- Driving the Oakworth SoM car fitted with dual controls for your safety.
- Please note: Any motorways lessons will be voluntary and will not be part of your practical test. It will be up to the Oakworth School of Motoring driving instructor to decide when the learner driver is competent enough for them.